Sunday, November 8, 2015

Today's Words of Wisdom - November 8, 2015

Today is the birthday of the following people:



Margaret Mitchell (1900 – 1949):
“I was never one to patiently pick up broken fragments and glue them together again and tell myself that the mended whole was as good as new. What is broken is broken - and I'd rather remember it as it was at its best than mend it and see the broken places as long as I lived. ”

and
“Life’s under no obligation to give us what we expect.”




Bram Stoker (1847 – 1912):
“Remember my friend, that knowledge is stronger than memory, and we should not trust the weaker”




Timothy Egan (1954 - ):
“Sometimes the wind along the Pacific shore blows so hard it steals your breath before you can inhale it.”

and
“The larger question for the Northwest, where the cities are barely a hundred years old but contain three-fourths of the population, is whether the wild land can provide work for those who need it as their source of income without being ruined for those who need it as their source of sanity.”





Kazuo Ishiguro (1954 - ):
“There was another life that I might have had, but I am having this one.”




No comments: