Monday, November 16, 2015

Today's Words of Wisdom - November 16, 2015

Today is the birthday of the following people:



Chinua Achebe (1923 – 2013):
“While we do our good works let us not forget that the real solution lies in a world in which charity will have become unnecessary.”

and
“If you don't like someone's story, write your own.”

and
“Nobody can teach me who I am. You can describe parts of me, but who I am - and what I need - is something I have to find out myself.”

and

“My weapon is literature”




José Saramago (1922 – 2010):
“Words were not given to man in order to conceal his thoughts.”

and
“Inside us there is something that has no name, that something is what we are.”

and
“We use words to understand each other and even, sometimes, to find each other.”





John Swartzwelder (1950 - ):
“I try to maintain a positive attitude at all times, because clients notice little things like that, and if you're frowning and crying all the time and saying "why? why?", they get worried.” 




No comments: