Sunday, November 1, 2015

Today's Words of Wisdom - November 1, 2015

Today is the birthday of the following people:



Tim Cook (1960 - ):
“Life is fragile. We're not guaranteed a tomorrow so give it everything you've got.”



Edward Said (1935 – 2003):
“Much as I have no wish to hurt anyone's feelings, my first obligation has not been to be nice but to be true to my perhaps peculiar memories, experiences and feelings.”




Grantland Rice (1880 – 1954):
“For when the One Great Scorer comes
To mark against your name,
He writes - not that you won or lost -
But HOW you played the Game."

and
“Failure isn't bad if it doesn't attack the heart. Success is all right if it doesn't go to the head.”




Stephen Crane (1871 – 1900):
“In the desert
I saw a creature, naked, bestial,
Who, squatting upon the ground,
Held his heart in his hands,
And ate of it.
I said, ‘Is it good, friend?’
‘It is bitter — bitter,’ he answered,
‘But I like it
Because it is bitter,
And because it is my heart.”

and
“’Think as I think,’ said a man, ‘or you are abominably wicked; you are a toad.’ And after I thought of it, I said, ‘I will, then, be a toad.’”

and

“Sometimes, the most profound of awakenings come wrapped in the quietest of moments.” 





A.R. Gurney (1930 - ):
“My father says everyone should write letters as much as they can. It's a dying art. He says letters are a way of presenting yourself in the best possible light to another person.” 




No comments: