Thursday, November 26, 2015

Today's Words of Wisdom - November 26, 2015

Today is the birthday of the following people:



William Cowper (1731 – 1800):
“Knowledge is proud that he has learned so much. Wisdom is humble that he knows not more.”





Eugène Ionesco (1909 – 1994):
“Why do people always expect authors to answer questions? I am an author because I want to ask questions. If I had answers, I'd be a politician.”

and
“Ideologies separate us. Dreams and anguish bring us together.”

and
“A writer never has a vacation. For a writer, life consists of either writing or thinking about writing.”

and
“People who don't read are brutes.”




Charles M. Schulz (1922 – 2000):
“Sometimes I lie awake at night, and I ask, 'Where have I gone wrong'.
Then a voice says to me, 'This is going to take more than one night.”

and
“Sometimes I lie awake at night and I ask, "Is life a multiple choice test or is it a true or false test?" ...Then a voice comes to me out of the dark and says, "We hate to tell you this but life is a thousand word essay.”

and
“Absence makes the heart grow fonder, but it sure makes the rest of you lonely.”

and
“If I stand here, I can see the Little Red Haired girl when she comes out of her house... Of course, if she sees me peeking around this tree, she'll think I'm the dumbest person in the world... But if I don't peek around the tree, I'll never see her... Which means I probably AM the dumbest person in the world... which explains why I'm standing in a batch of poison oak.”

and

“I love mankind – it’s people I can’t stand.”




No comments: