Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Today's Words of Wisdom - November 11, 2015

Today is the birthday of the following people:



Kurt Vonnegut (1922 – 2007):
“We have to continually be jumping off cliffs and developing our wings on the way down.”

and
“And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.'”

and
“Laughter and tears are both responses to frustration and exhaustion. I myself prefer to laugh, since there is less cleaning do to do afterward.”

and
“True terror is to wake up one morning and discover that your high school class is running the country.”

and

“Many people need desperately to receive this message: 'I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people do not care about them. You are not alone.”




Fyodor Dostoevsky (1821 – 1881):
“Pain and suffering are always inevitable for a large intelligence and a deep heart. The really great men must, I think, have great sadness on earth.”

and
“Man only likes to count his troubles; he doesn't calculate his happiness.”

and
“To go wrong in one's own way is better then to go right in someone else's.”

and
“The soul is healed by being with children.”




Howard Fast (1914 – 2003):
“Let us say that kindness costs me so little and rewards me well.” 




Jonathan Winters (1925 – 2013):
“If your ship doesn't come in, swim out to it.”

and
“I couldn't wait for success, so I went ahead without it.”




Carlos Fuentes (1928 – 2012):
“Don't classify me, read me. I'm a writer, not a genre.”

and
“I live through risk. Without risk there is no art. You should always be on the edge of a cliff about to fall down and break your neck.”

and
“You start by writing to live. You end by writing so as not to die.”




Leonardo DiCaprio (1974 - ):
"To believe in love, to be ready to give up anything for it, to be willing to risk your life for it, is the ultimate tragedy."




No comments: