Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Today's Words of Wisdom - November 18, 2015

Today is the birthday of the following people:




Margaret Atwood (1939 - ):
“Love blurs your vision; but after it recedes, you can see more clearly than ever. It's like the tide going out, revealing whatever's been thrown away and sunk: broken bottles, old gloves, rusting pop cans, nibbled fishbodies, bones. This is the kind of thing you see if you sit in the darkness with open eyes, not knowing the future.”

and
“War is what happens when language fails.”

and
“Another belief of mine: that everyone else my age is an adult, whereas I am merely in disguise.”

and
“I would like to be the air that inhabits you for a moment only. I would like to be that unnoticed and that necessary.”




Louis Daguerre (1787 – 1851):
“I have seized the light. I have arrested its flight.”





Alan Moore (1953 - ):
“People shouldn't be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people.” 

and

“My experience of life is that it is not divided up into genres; it’s a horrifying, romantic, tragic, comical, science-fiction cowboy detective novel.”




No comments: