Sunday, November 15, 2015

Today's Words of Wisdom - November 15, 2015

Today is the birthday of the following people:



Georgia O’Keefe (1887 – 1986):
“I've been absolutely terrified every moment of my life and I've never let it keep me from doing a single thing that I wanted to do.”

and
“I think it's so foolish for people to want to be happy. Happy is so momentary--you're happy for an instant and then you start thinking again. Interest is the most important thing in life; happiness is temporary, but interest is continuous.”

and
“You are one of my nicest thoughts.”




Daniel Pinkwater (1941 - ):
“I went to college, but I learned to write by reading and writing.”




J.G. Ballard (1930 – 2009):
“I believe in the power of the imagination to remake the world, to release the truth within us, to hold back the night, to transcend death, to charm motorways, to ingratiate ourselves with birds, to enlist the confidences of madmen.”

and
“I would sum up my fear about the future in one word: boring. And that's my one fear: that everything has happened; nothing exciting or new or interesting is ever going to happen again ... the future is just going to be a vast, conforming suburb of the soul.”





Marianne Moore (1887 – 1972):

“The heart that gives, gathers.”




No comments: