Monday, March 9, 2015

March 9, 2015

Good Morning! Here are your daily birthday quotations...



Mickey Spillane (1918 – 2006):
“Nobody reads a book to get to the middle.”




Ornette Coleman (1930 - ):
“It's easier to copy someone else than to find out how to avoid sounding like someone else.”

and
“I didn't need to worry about keys, chords, melody if I had that emotion that brought tears and laughter to people's hearts.”




Del Close (1934 – 1999):
“You have a light within you. Burn it out.”

and
“Fail. Then, figure out what to do on the way down.”

and
“Every interpersonal situation has a solution in which everyone wins.”

and
“Treat your audience like poets and geniuses and they’ll have the chance to become them.”




Yuri Gagarin (1934 – 1968):
“Orbiting Earth in the spaceship, I saw how beautiful our planet is. People, let us preserve and increase this beauty, not destroy it!”




John Cale (1942 - ):
"If you're all loaded up on love, you haven't got anywhere else to go."

and
"I use cracks on the sidewalk to walk down the street. I'd always walk on the lines. I never take anything but a calculated risk, and do it because it gives me a sense of identity. Fear is a man's best friend."




Keri Hulme (1947 - ):

“You want to know about anybody? See what books they read, and how they've been read...”



No comments: