Wednesday, March 25, 2015

March 25, 2015


Good Morning! Here are your daily birthday quotations...



David Lean (1908 – 1991):
“I'm first and foremost interested in the story, the characters.”




Norman Borlaug (1914 – 2009):
“You can't build a peaceful world on empty stomachs and human misery."

and
"Reach for the stars. Although you will never touch them, if you reach hard enough, you will find that you get a little star dust on you in the process."




Flannery O’Connor (1925 – 1964):
“The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it.”

and
“Everywhere I go I'm asked if I think the university stifles writers. My opinion is that they don't stifle enough of them. There's many a best-seller that could have been prevented by a good teacher.”

and
“Art never responds to the wish to make it democratic; it is not for everybody; it is only for those who are willing to undergo the effort needed to understand it.”

and
“You shall know the truth and the truth shall make you odd.”




Jim Lovell (1928 - ):
“From now on, we live in a world where man has walked on the moon. It wasn't a miracle, we just decided to go.”




Elton John (1947 - ):
“Live for each second without hesitation”




Kate DiCamillo (1964 - ):
“There is nothing sweeter in this sad world than the sound of someone you love calling your name.”

and
“My favorite six letter word is
always
because it promises
so much.

My favorite five letter word is
never
because it insists on contradicting
the promise.

My favorite four letter word is
once
because it says it
happened then.

My favorite three letter word is
yes
because I’m just now learning
to say it
to my heart.

My favorite two letter word is
if
because it makes
all things possible
like this:

If not always
If not never
Then once.

Yes.”




Ryan Lewis (1988 - ):
“There's an open door now more than ever to be making any type of beats that you want.”



No comments: