Friday, March 20, 2015

March 20, 2015


Good Morning! Here are your daily birthday quotations...



Ovid (43 BCE – 17 or 18 CE):
“Dripping water hollows out stone, not through force but through persistence.”

and
“Be patient and tough; someday this pain will be useful to you.”

and
“Love will enter cloaked in friendship's name.”




Henrik Ibsen (1828 – 1906):
“A thousand words leave not the same deep impression as does a single deed.”

and
“You see, there are some people that one loves, and others that perhaps one would rather be with.”




Carl Reiner (1922 - ):
“A lot of people like snow. I find it to be an unnecessary freezing of water.”




Fred (Mr.) Rogers (1928 – 2003):
“When I say it's you I like, I'm talking about that part of you that knows that life is far more than anything you can ever see or hear or touch. That deep part of you that allows you to stand for those things without which humankind cannot survive. Love that conquers hate, peace that rises triumphant over war, and justice that proves more powerful than greed.”

and
“When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.”

and
“Anyone who does anything to help a child in his life is a hero to me.”

and
“If you could only sense how important you are to the lives of those you meet; how important you can be to the people you may never even dream of. There is something of yourself that you leave at every meeting with another person.”

and
“I hope you're proud of yourself for the times you've said "yes," when all it meant was extra work for you and was seemingly helpful only to someone else.”




Lois Lowry (1937 - ):
“The worst part of holding the memories is not the pain. It's the loneliness of it. Memories need to be shared.”

and
“Take pride in your pain; you are stronger than those who have none.”

and
“It is much easier to be brave if you do not know everything.”




Louis Sachar (1954 - ):
“I'm not saying it's going to be easy. Nothing in life is easy. But that's no reason to give up. You'll be surprised what you can accomplish if you set your mind to it.After all, you only have one life, so you should try to make the most of it.”

and
“The best morals kids get from any book is just the capacity to empathize with other people, to care about the characters and their feelings. So you don't have to write a preachy book to do that. You just have to make it a fun book with characters they care about, and they will become better people as a result.”




Spike Lee (1957 - ):
“I think people who have faults are a lot more interesting than people who are perfect.”

and
“I had a great education. From kindergarten to John Dewey High School in Coney Island, I am public-school educated.”




A.J. Jacobs (1968 - ):
“My reading list grows exponentially. Every time I read a book, it'll mention three other books I feel I have to read. It's like a particularly relentless series of pop-up ads.”

and
“Unconditional love is an illogical notion, but such a great and powerful one.”




No comments: