Saturday, March 21, 2015

March 21, 2015


Good Morning! Here are your daily birthday quotations...



Modest Mussorgsky (1839 – 1881):
“In poetry there are two giants, rough Homer and fine Shakespeare. In music likewise we have two giants, Beethoven, the thinker, and the superthinker Berlioz.”

and
“I regard the people as a great being, inspired by a single idea.”




Phyllis McGinley (1905 – 1978):
“A bit of trash now and then is good for the severest reader. It provides the necessary roughage in the literary diet.”

and
“Ah, snug lie those that slumber beneath conviction's roof.
Their floors are sturdy lumber, their windows weatherproof.
But I sleep cold forever, and cold sleep all my kind,
For I was born to shiver in the draft from an open mind.
Born nakedly to shiver in the draft of an open mind.”




Matthew Broderick (1962 - ):
“I slip from workaholic to bum real easy.”




Mark Waid (1962 - ):
“Socrates should have written comics.”




No comments: