Thursday, March 12, 2015

March 12, 2015

Good Morning! Here are your daily birthday quotations...




Dave Eggers (1970 - ):
“Books have a unique way of stopping time in a particular moment and saying: Let’s not forget this.”

and
“I will not wait to love as best as I can. We thought we were young and that there would be time to love well sometime in the future. This is a terrible way to think. It is no way to live, to wait to love.”

and
“Humans are divided between those who can still look through the eyes of youth and those who cannot.”




Graham Coxon (1969 - ):
“I'm still trying to discover my position on my own artwork and hopefully at this exhibition someone will come and tell me. I'm open to listening to criticism.”




Carl Hiaasen (1953 - ):
“Sometimes you're going to be faced with situations where the line isn't clear between what's right and what's wrong. Your heart will tell you to do one thing and your brain will tell you to do something different. In the end, all that's left is to look at both sides and go with your best judgment.”




Naomi Shahib Nye (1952 - ):
“I love the solitude of reading. I love the deep dive into someone else's story, the delicious ache of a last page.”

and
“The person you have known a long time is embedded in you like a jewel. The person you have just met casts out a few glistening beams & you are fascinated to see more of them. How many more are there? With someone you've barely met the curiosity is intoxicating.”

and
“It is really hard to be lonely very long in a world of words. Even if you don't have friends somewhere, you still have language, and it will find you and wrap its little syllables around you and suddenly there will be a story to live in.”




Edward Albee (1928 - ):
“You're alive only once, as far as we know, and what could be worse than getting to the end of your life and realizing you hadn't lived it?”

and
“What I mean by an educated taste is someone who has the same tastes that I have.”

and
“I write to find out what I'm talking about.”




Jack Kerouac (1922 – 1969):
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars.”

and
“One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple.”

and
“Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry.”




Irving Layton (1912 – 2006):
“Since I no longer expect
anything from mankind except
madness,
meanness, and mendacity;
egotism,
cowardice,
and
self-delusion,
I have stopped
being a

misanthrope.”



No comments: