Friday, March 13, 2015

March 13, 2015

Good Morning! Here are your daily birthday quotations...



Walter Annenberg (1908 -2002):
“I didn't want to be greedy. It's a mark of bad character and I always believed that pigs go the slaughterhouse.”

and
“What matters is that you are doing what you think is right based on the standards which you hold.”

and
“You will not be satisfied unless you are contributing something to or for the benefit of others.”




Mahmoud Darwish (1941 – 2008):
“Poetry and beauty are always making peace. When you read something beautiful you find coexistence; it breaks walls down.

and
“A person can only be born in one place. However, he may die several times elsewhere: in the exiles and prisons, and in a homeland transformed by the occupation and oppression into a nightmare.”

and
“I believe in the power of poetry, which gives me reasons to look ahead and identify a glint of light.”

and
“The importance of poetry is not measured, finally, by what the poet says but by how he says it.”




Adam Clayton (1960 - ):
“If you believe in a cause, you must be willing to put yourself on the line for that cause.”




Common (1972 - ):
“Cause I deliver like the Sun-Times
Confined in once-mines on dumb rhymes I combine

I'm hype like I'm unsigned”





No comments: