Friday, March 27, 2015

March 27, 2015


Good Morning! Here are your daily birthday quotations...



Nathan Fillion (1971 - ):
“Whatever our bedtime was as kids, we could stay up an extra half hour if we were reading. My parents didn't care as long as I was under the spell of a Stephen King or a Douglas Adams. Now I read in bed. I read at work. I read standing in line. It's like, 'Hello, my name is Nathan and I am a reader.'”

and
“I like to say there's certain things you can't take back: One of them is 'I love you,' and one of them is bullets.”




Quentin Tarantino (1963 - ):
“Superman didn't become Superman. Superman was born Superman. When Superman wakes up in the morning, he's Superman. His alter ego is Clark Kent. His outfit with the big red "S", that's the blanket he was wrapped in as a baby when the Kents found him. Those are his clothes. What Kent wears - the glasses, the business suit - that's the costume. That's the costume Superman wears to blend in with us. Clark Kent is how Superman views us. And what are the characteristics of Clark Kent. He's weak... he's unsure of himself... he's a coward. Clark Kent is Superman's critique on the whole human race.”

and
“You don't have to know how to make a movie. If you truly love cinema with all your heart and with enough passion, you can't help but make a good movie.”




Julia Alvarez (1950 - ):
"I write to find out what I'm thinking. I write to find out who I am. I write to understand things."




Frank O’Hara (1926 – 1966):
“I am the least difficult of men. All I want is boundless love.”

and
“It is easy to be beautiful; it is difficult to appear so.
I admire you, beloved, for the trap you've set. It's like a final chapter no one reads because the plot is over.”




Budd Schulberg (1914 – 2009):
“I’d like to be remembered as someone who used their ability as a novelist or as a dramatist to say the things he felt needed to be said about the society while being as entertaining as possible. Because if you don’t entertain, nobody’s listening.”

and
“Isn't everyone a part of everyone else?”




No comments: