Friday, January 9, 2015

January 9, 2015

Good Morning! Here are your daily birthday quotations....



Karel Čapek (1890 – 1938):
“Everyone has the best of feelings towards mankind in general, but not towards the individual man. We'll kill men, but we want to save mankind. And that isn't right. The world will be an evil place as long as people don't believe in other people.”




Simone de Beauvoir (1908 – 1986):
“She was ready to deny the existence of space and time rather than admit that love might not be eternal.”

and
“When I was a child, when I was an adolescent, books saved me from despair: that convinced me that culture was the highest of values[...].”




Joan Baez (1941 - ):
“You don't get to choose
how you're going to die.
Or when.

You can only decide
how you're going to live.
Now.”

and
“I've never had a humble opinion. If you've got an opinion, why be humble about it?”

and
“It seems to me that those songs that have been any good, I have nothing much to do with the writing of them. The words have just crawled down my sleeve and come out on the page.”




John Dunning  (1942 - ):
“We're all running away. Some of us just don't get very far.”




Philippa Gregory (1954 - ):
“If it means something, take it to heart. If it means nothing, it's nothing. Let it go.”

and

“You have to choose the best, every day, without compromise...guided by your own virtue and highest ambition.”




No comments: