Thursday, January 8, 2015

January 8, 2015

Good Morning! Here are your daily birthday quotations...



Sarah Polley (1979 - ):
“I think that we need to get along together if we want to survive in the twenty-first century.”

and
“I'm never sure what's coming next, but I'm an open minded person and I welcome any challenge.”




Jenny Lewis (1976 - ):
“And you're not happy but you're funny and I'm tripping over my joy. I just keep on gettin' up again.”





David Bowie (1947 - ):
“... And these children
that you spit on
as they try to change their worlds
are immune to your consultations.
They're quite aware
of what they're going through...”

and
“I'll paint you moments of gold, I'll spin you Valentine evenings...”

and
“Don't let me hear you say life takes you nowhere, angel.”




Stephen Hawking (1942 - ):
“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”

and
“Quiet people have the loudest minds.”

and
“One, remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Two, never give up work. Work gives you meaning and purpose and life is empty without it. Three, if you are lucky enough to find love, remember it is there and don't throw it away.”





Terry Brooks (1944 - ):
“If you do not hear music in your words, you have put too much thought into your writing and not enough heart.”

and
“I cannot imagine life without books any more than I can imagine life without breathing.”




Lewis Lapham (1935 - ):
“Construed as a means instead of an end, history is the weapon with which we defend the future against the past.”




Wilkie Collins (1824 – 1889):
“The books - the generous friends who met me without suspicion - the merciful masters who never used me ill!”

and

“Don’t speak of tomorrow. Let the music speak to us tonight in a happier language than ours.”




No comments: