Sunday, January 25, 2015

January 25, 2015

Good Morning! Here are your daily birthday quotations...




Robert Burns (1759 – 1796):
“My love is like a red, red rose
That's newly sprung in June:
My love is like the melody
That's sweetly played in tune.

How fair art thou, my bonnie lass,
So deep in love am I;
And I will love thee still, my dear,
Till all the seas gang dry.

Till all the seas gang dry, my dear,
And the rocks melt with the sun;
I will love thee still, my dear,
While the sands of life shall run.

And fare thee weel, my only love.
And fare thee weel awhile!
And I will come again, my love,
Though it were ten thousand mile.”




W. Somerset Maugham (1874 - 1965):
“The nature of men and women – their essential nature – is so vile and despicable that If you were to portray a person as he really is, no one would believe you.“

and
“I’ve always been interested in people, but I’ve never liked them.”

and
“There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are.”

and
“To acquire the habit of reading is to construct for yourself a refuge from almost all the miseries of life.”

and
“We are not the same persons this year as last; nor are those we love. It is a happy chance if we, changing, continue to love a changed person.”




Virginia Woolf (1882 – 1941):
“Lock up your libraries if you like; but there is no gate, no lock, no bolt that you can set upon the freedom of my mind.”

and
“As a woman I have no country. As a woman I want no country. As a woman, my country is the whole world.”

and
“Books are the mirrors of the soul.”

and
“When you consider things like the stars, our affairs don't seem to matter very much, do they?”




J.G. Farrell (1935 – 1979):
“Why do people insist on defending their ideas and opinions with such ferocity, as if defending honour itself? What could be easier to change than an idea?”




Gloria Naylor (1950 - ):
“Sometimes being a friend means mastering the art of timing. There is a time for silence. A time to let go and allow people to hurl themselves into their own destiny. And a time to prepare to pick up the pieces when it's all over.”

and
“But I don't believe that life is supposed to make you feel good, or to make you feel miserable either. Life is just supposed to make you feel.”




Stephen Chbosky (1970 - ):
“We accept the love we think we deserve.”

and
“So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.”

and
“Things change. And friends leave. Life doesn't stop for anybody.”

and
“And in that moment, I swear we were infinite.”

and
“I am very interested and fascinated how everyone loves each other, but no one really likes each other.”




Emily Haines (1974 - ):
“I just don’t want the world to break my heart.”

and
“What it is and where it stops nobody knows
You gave me a life I never chose

I wanna leave but the world won't let me go.”




No comments: