Wednesday, January 21, 2015

January 21, 2015

Good Morning! Here are your daily birthday quotations...



Albert Rosellini (1910 – 2011):
Perhaps best known for championing the Highway 520 floating bridge that bears his name, Gov. Rosellini was honored as the father of the University of Washington Medical School and sought out as a mentor by successive generations of Democratic politicians.




Richard Winters (1918 – 2011):
“I treasure my remark to a grandson who asked, "Grandpa, were you a hero in the war?" "No", I answered, "But I served in a company of heroes".”




Eva Ibbotson (1925 – 2010):
“It's true that adventures are good for people even when they are very young. Adventures can get in a person's blood even if he doesn't remember having them.”




Gary Locke (1950 - ):
“I've been through WTO riots in Seattle, massive earthquakes, major floods... forest fires. I just try to be as even-keeled and calm as possible.”




Louis Menand (1952 - ):
“Quotable quotes are coins rubbed smooth by circulation.”

and
“If you look up a word in the dictionary, you find it defined by a string of other words, the meanings of which can be discovered by looking them up in a dictionary, leading to more words that can be looked up in turn. There is no exit from the dictionary.”




Cat Power (1972 - ):

“I used to want to be a war photographer, and I used to want to be a ballerina and a comedian. I used to want to be a writer. I invalidated myself, it’s a mistake for me. I have learned through my friendships and through people that I’ve met who survived. There’s just a lot of stuff that really moves me, and I don’t know how to express it, and I just want to try to do the best I can and surround myself with good people who don’t invalidate me.”




No comments: