Wednesday, January 7, 2015

January 7, 2015

Good Morning! Here are your daily birthday quotations...



Nicholson Baker (1957 - ):
“Books: a beautifully browsable invention that needs no electricity and exists in a readable form no matter what happens.”

and
“You can tell it's a poem because it's swimming in a little gel pack of white space. That shows it's a poem.”

and
“I woke up thinking a very pleasant thought. there is lots left in the world to read.”

and
“Poetry is prose in slow motion.”





Kenny Loggins (1948 - ):
“Love the girl who holds the world in a paper cup.
Drink it up.
Love her and she'll bring you luck.
And if you find she helps your mind, better take her home.
Don't you live alone.
Try to earn what lovers own.”




Jann Wenner (1946 - ):
“It's a daily miracle to see a child grow and develop all the senses and language and speech and faculties, and they're so much fun and they're so delightful and they're so innocent. It just stops your heart every time; I can't get enough of it.”




William Peter Blatty (1928 - ):
“We mourn the blossoms of May because they are to whither; but we know that May is one day to have its revenge upon November, by the revolution of that solemn circle which never stops---which teaches us in our height of hope, ever to be sober, and in our depth of desolation, never to despair.”




Zora Neale Hurston (1891 – 1960):
“Sometimes, I feel discriminated against, but it does not make me angry. It merely astonishes me. How can any deny themselves the pleasure of my company? It’s beyond me.”

and

“I have known the joy and pain of friendship. I have served and been served. I have made some good enemies for which I am not a bit sorry. I have loved unselfishly, and I have fondled hatred with the red-hot tongs of Hell. That's living.”




No comments: