Sunday, July 27, 2014

July 27, 2014

Good Morning! Here are your daily birthday quotations...



Leo Durocher (1905 – 1991):
“Baseball is like church. Many attend few understand.”

and
“I never did say that you can't be a nice guy and win. I said that if I was playing third base and my mother rounded third with the winning run, I'd trip her up.”

and
"I do not care if the guy is yellow or black, or if he has stripes like a fuckin' zebra. I'm the manager of this team, and I say he plays. What's more, I say he can make us all rich. And if any of you cannot use the money, I will see that you are all traded."



Joseph Mitchell (1908 – 1996):
“...you can hate a place with all your heart and soul and still be homesick for it.”

and
“He had a habit of remarking to bartenders that he didn't see any sense in mixing whiskey with water since the whiskey was already wet.”

and
“Life is a goddam mess...but you wouldn't want to miss it!”




Gary Gygax (1938 – 2008):
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.”

and

“The books I write because I want to read them, the games because I want to play them, and stories I tell because I find them exciting personally.”



No comments: