Friday, July 11, 2014

July 11, 2014

Good Morning! Here are your daily birthday quotations...



John Quincy Adams (1767 – 1848):
“Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone,
and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that
your vote is never lost.”

and
“If your action inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”




E.B. White (1899 – 1985):
“If the world were merely seductive, that would be easy. If it were merely challenging, that would be no problem. But I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.”

and
“It is not often that someone comes along who is a true friend and a good writer.”

and
“All that I hope to say in books, all that I ever hope to say, is that I love the world.”

and
“Always be on the lookout for the presence of wonder.”




Howard Gardner (1943 - ):
“I want my children to understand the world, but not just because the world is fascinating and the human mind is curious. I want them to understand it so that they will be positioned to make it a better place”

and
“Stories are the single most powerful weapon in a leader’s arsenal.”




Jhumpa Lahiri (1967 - ):

“That's the thing about books. They let you travel without moving your feet.”



No comments: