Monday, July 21, 2014

July 21, 2014

Good Morning! Here are your daily birthday quotations....



Hart Crane (1899 – 1932):
“One must be drenched in words, literally soaked in them, to have the right ones form themselves into the proper pattern at the right moment.”




Ernest Hemingway (1899 – 1961):
“Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know.”

and
“There is no friend as loyal as a book.”

and
“There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed.”

and
“All you have to do is write one true sentence. Write the truest sentence that you know.”

and
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”

and
“It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.”

and
“Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime.”




Marshall McLuhan (1911 – 1980):
“American youth attributes much more importance to arriving at driver's license age than at voting age.”

and
“Every society honors its live conformists and its dead troublemakers.”




John Gardner (1933 – 1982):
“When I was a child I truly loved:
Unthinking love as calm and deep
As the North Sea. But I have lived,
And now I do not sleep.”

and
“We read five words on the first page of a really good novel and we begin to forget that we are reading printed words on a page; we begin to see images.”

and
“People will tell you that writing is too difficult, that it's impossible to get your work published, that you might as well hang yourself. Meanwhile, they'll keep writing and you'll have hanged yourself.”




Cat Stevens (1948 - ):
“I always knew looking back on my tears would bring me laughter, but I never knew looking back on my laughter would make me cry.”

and
“Take your time, think a lot, think of everything you’ve got. For you will still be here tomorrow, but your dreams may not.”




Garry Trudeau (1948 - ):
“Medical decisions have been politicized. What doctor wants a state legislator in his consulting room?”




Michael Connelly (1956 - ):

“What is important is not what you hear said, it's what you observe.”



No comments: