Thursday, July 17, 2014

July 17, 2014

Good Morning! Here are your daily birthday quotations....



Erle Stanley Gardner (1889 – 1970):
“I like what I like and not what I'm supposed to like because of mass rating. And I very much dislike the things I don't like.”

and
“Dear Editor: It's a damn good story. If you have any comments, write them on the back of a check. ”




Robert R. McCammon (1952 - ):
“See, this is my opinion: we all start out knowing magic. We are born with whirlwinds, forest fires, and comets inside us. We are born able to sing to birds and read the clouds and see our destiny in grains of sand.”

and
“Even the most worthless thing in the world can be beautiful, it just takes the right touch”




J. Michael Straczynski (1954 - ):
“Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say.Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right.
This nation was founded on one principle above all else: The requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world -- "No, YOU move.”


and 
“The more important the emotion is, the fewer words required to express it:
Will you go out with me?
I think I like you.
I care for you.
I love you.
Marry me.
Goodbye.”




Cory Doctorow (1971 - ):
“Never underestimate the determination of a kid who is time-rich and cash-poor.”

and
“It's the stupid questions that have some of the most surprising and interesting answers. Most people never think to ask the stupid questions.”

and

“If you stare at someone long enough, they'll eventually look back at you.”



No comments: