Saturday, July 12, 2014

July 12, 2014

Good Morning! Here are your daily birthday quotations...


Julius Caesar (100 BCE – 44 BCE):
“Experience is the teacher of all things.”




Henry David Thoreau (1817 – 1862):
“I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”

and
“Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth.”

and
“It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.”

and
“Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them.”

and
“If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music he hears, however measured or far away.”




Pablo Neruda (1904 – 1973):
“Someday, somewhere - anywhere, unfailingly, you'll find yourself, and that, and only that, can be the happiest or bitterest hour of your life.”

and
“I can write the saddest poem of all tonight. I loved her, and sometimes she loved me too.”




Donald E. Westlake (1933 – 2008):

“Nobody gets everything in this life. You decide your priorities and you make your choices. I'd decided long ago that any cake I had would be eaten.”



No comments: