Tuesday, July 22, 2014

July 22, 2014

Good Morning! Here are your daily birthday quotations...



Emma Lazarus (1849 – 1887):
“Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me:
I lift my lamp beside the golden door.”

and
“Until we are all free, we are none of us free.”




Edward Hopper (1882 – 1967):
“If you could say it in words, there would be no reason to paint.” 




Tom Robbins (1936 - ):
“We waste time looking for the perfect lover, instead of creating the perfect love.”

and
“Just because you're naked doesn't mean you're sexy. Just because you're cynical doesn't mean you're cool.”

and
“It's never too late to have a happy childhood.”

and
“There are many things worth living for, a few things worth dying for, and nothing worth killing for.”




George Clinton (1941 – ):
“Put a glide in your stride, a dip in yo' hip and come on up to the mothership”




Albert Brooks (1947 - ):
“I'm not a person who I ever thought would do well with divorce. Not that it can't happen. I just didn't want that. So I waited a long time to meet the right person. Then I finally met someone that I was willing to be divorced from.”

and
“I don't know that I can define fear. But one of the sources of fear is holding up some sort of model life that doesn't exist and feeling like you're far away from it.”




Don Henley (1947 - ):
“It may be rainin', but there's a rainbow above you
You better let somebody love you, before it's too late”




S.E. Hinton (1948 - ):
“If you have two friends in your lifetime, you're lucky. If you have one good friend, you're more than lucky.”

and

“Nothing can wear you out like caring about people.”



No comments: