Friday, May 30, 2014

May 30, 2014

Good Morning! Here are your daily birthday quotations...



Mikhail Bakunin (1814 – 1876):
“No theory, no ready-made system, no book that has ever been written will save the world. I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker.”

and
“By striving to do the impossible, man has always achieved what is possible. Those who have cautiously done no more than they believed possible have never taken a single step forward.”




Idina Menzel (1971 - ):
“My younger sister had kids before I did, and managed to earn a master's degree while raising them as a single parent. Now she's a brilliant second-grade teacher. I'm in awe of her ability to juggle everything and still be a great mother.”




Tom Morello (1964 - ):
“A musician's or artist's responsibility is a simple one, and that is, through your music to tell the truth.”




Benny Goodman (1909 – 1986):
“One way or the other, if you want to find reasons why you shouldn't keep on, you'll find 'em. The obstacles are all there; there are a million of 'em.”

and
“If a guy's got it, let him give it. I'm selling music, not prejudice.”




Countee Cullen (1903 – 1946):
“Your love to me was like an unread book.”

and

“There is no secret to success except hard work and getting something indefinable which we call ‘the breaks.’ In order for a writer to succeed, I suggest three things – read and write – and wait.”



No comments: