Sunday, May 25, 2014

May 25, 2014

Good Morning! Here are your daily birthday quotations...


Theodore Roethke (1908 – 1963):
“What we need are more people who specialize in the impossible.”

and
“Art is the means we have of undoing the damage of haste. It's what everything else isn't.”




W.P. Kinsella (1935 - ):
“Success is getting what you want, happiness is wanting what you get.”

and
“Hardly anybody recognizes the most significant moments of their life at the time they happen.”

and
“I don't have to tell you that the one constant through all the years has been baseball. America has been erased like a blackboard, only to be rebuilt and then erased again. But baseball has marked time while America has rolled by like a procession of steamrollers.”




Raymond Carver (1938 – 1988):
“It ought to make us feel ashamed when we talk like we know what we're talking about when we talk about love.”

and
“Woke up this morning with a terrific urge to lie in bed all day and read.”




Frank Oz (1944 - ):
“The more work I do, the more important it is to work with people I like - who are very talented.”




Demetri Martin (1973 - ):
“I like video games, but they're really violent. I'd like to play a video game where you help the people who were shot in all the other games. It'd be called 'Really Busy Hospital.”

and
“Sort of' is such a harmless thing to say... sort of. It's just a filler. Sort of... it doesn't really mean anything. But after certain things, sort of means everything. Like... after "I love you"... or "You're going to live"... or "It's a boy!”

and

“I used to play sports. Then I realized you can buy trophies. Now I am good at everything.”



No comments: