Monday, May 19, 2014

May 19, 2014

Good Morning! Here are your daily quotations...



Yuri Kochiyama (1921 - ):
"Don't become too narrow. Live fully. Meet all kinds of people. You'll learn something from everyone. Follow what you feel in your heart."

and
“Remember that consciousness is power. Consciousness is education and knowledge. Consciousness is becoming aware. It is the perfect vehicle for students. Consciousness-raising is pertinent for power, and be sure that power will not be abusively used, but used for building trust and goodwill domestically and internationally. Tomorrow's world is yours to build.”




Malcolm X (1925 – 1965):
“You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”

and
“My alma mater was books, a good library.... I could spend the rest of my life reading, just satisfying my curiosity.”

and
“I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice, no matter who it is for or against. I'm a human being, first and foremost, and as such I'm for whoever and whatever benefits humanity as a whole.”

and
“Education is our passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today.”




Kriyananda (1926 – 2013):
“Maturity is the ability to relate appropriately to other realities than one’s own.”

and
“The two-fold goal of all human striving is the avoidance of pain, and the fulfillment of happiness.”




Lorraine Hansberry (1930 – 1965):
“The thing that makes you exceptional, if you are at all, is inevitably that which must also make you lonely.”

and
“Never be afraid to sit awhile and think.”




Nora Ephron (1941 – 2012):
“Reading is everything. Reading makes me feel like I've accomplished something, learned something, become a better person. Reading makes me smarter. Reading gives me something to talk about later on. Reading is the unbelievably healthy way my attention deficit disorder medicates itself. Reading is escape, and the opposite of escape; it's a way to make contact with reality after a day of making things up, and it's a way of making contact with someone else's imagination after a day that's all too real. Reading is grist. Reading is bliss.”

and
“Don't you love New York in the fall? It makes me want to buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address.”

and
“Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women."

and

“When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.” 



No comments: