Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Today's Words of Wisdom - October 28, 2015

Today is the birthday of the following people:



Jonas Salk (1914 – 1995):
“If all insects on Earth disappeared, within 50 years all life on Earth would end. If all human beings disappeared from the Earth, within 50 years all forms of life would flourish.”




Frank Ocean (1987 - ):
“There's somethin' about you
I can't believe I'm even talking to you,
Tellin' you this right now
You're special, I wish you could see what I see”




Bill Gates (1955 - ):
“Before you were born, your parents weren't as boring as they are now. They got that way from paying your bills, cleaning your clothes and listening to you talk about how cool you thought you were. So before you save the rain forest from the parasites of your parent's generation, try delousing the closet in your own room.”

and
“Don't compare yourself with anyone in this world...if you do so, you are insulting yourself.”

and
“I really had a lot of dreams when I was a kid, and I think a great deal of that grew out of the fact that I had a chance to read a lot.”




John Hollander (1929 - ):
"The trouble lies in pointing
At any stars. For one's own finger aims
Always elsewhere: the man beside one seems
Never to get the point. 'No! The bright star
Just above my fingertip.'''





Evelyn Waugh (1903 – 1966):
“I should like to bury something precious in every place where I've been happy and then, when I'm old and ugly and miserable, I could come back and dig it up and remember.”

and

“To understand all is to forgive all.”




No comments: