Saturday, October 17, 2015

Today's Words of Wisdom - October 17, 2015

Today is the birthday of the following people:



Arthur Miller (1915 - 2005):
“Just remember, kid, you can quicker get back a million dollars that was stole than a word that you gave away.”

and
“Don't be seduced into thinking that that which does not make a profit is without value.”

and
“If I have to be alone I want to be by myself.”

and

“The best work that anybody ever writes is the work that is on the verge of embarrassing him, always.”



Nathaniel West (1903 - 1940):
“You once said to me that I talk like a man in a book. I not only talk, but think and feel like one. I have spent my life in books; literature has deeply dyed my brain its own color. This literary coloring is a protective one--like the brown of the rabbit or the checks of the quail--making it impossible for me to tell where literature ends and I begin.”




Evel Knievel (1938 – 2007):
“If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.”

and
“I don't have any problems in life, just situations.”




No comments: