Thursday, October 15, 2015

Today's Words of Wisdom - October 15, 2015

Today is the birthday of the following people:



P.G. Wodehouse (1881 - 1975):
“There is no surer foundation for a beautiful friendship than a mutual taste in literature.”




Italo Calvino (1923 - 1985):
“A classic is a book that has never finished saying what it has to say.”

and
“Who are we, who is each one of us, if not a combinatoria of experiences, information, books we have read, things imagined?”




Michel Foucault (1926 - 1984):
“I don't write a book so that it will be the final word; I write a book so that other books are possible, not necessarily written by me.”

and
“I'm no prophet. My job is making windows where there were once walls.”




Friedrich Nietzsche (1844 - 1900):

“The earth has a skin, and this skin has diseases. One of these diseases, for example, is called “man.”



No comments: