Friday, October 16, 2015

Today's Words of Wisdom - October 16, 2015

Today is the birthday of the following people:



Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900):
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”

and
“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.”

and
“We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.”

and
“If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all.”

and
“It is what you read when you don't have to that determines what you will be when you can't help it.”

and
“Yes: I am a dreamer. For a dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.”

and
“To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance.”

and
“This wallpaper and I are fighting a duel to the death. Either it goes or I do.”

and
“A true gentleman is one who is never unintentionally rude.”

and
“The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.”




Eugene O’Neill (1888 - 1953):

“Why am I afraid to dance, I who love music and rhythm and grace and song and laughter? Why am I afraid to live, I who love life and the beauty of flesh and the living colors of the earth and sky and sea? Why am I afraid to love, I who love love?”




Noah Webster (1758 – 1843):
“The heart should be cultivated with more assiduity than the head.” 

and
“A pure democracy is generally a very bad government, It is often the most tyrannical government on earth; for a multitude is often rash, and will not hear reason.” 




Günter Grass (1917 – 2015):
“Believing: it means believing in our own lies. And I can say that I am grateful that I got this lesson very early.”



No comments: