Thursday, February 5, 2015

February 5, 2015

Good Morning! Here are your daily birthday quotations...



Adlai Stevenson (1900 – 1965):
“My definition of a free society is a society where it is safe to be unpopular.”

and
“All progress has resulted from people who took unpopular positions.”

and
“I venture to suggest that patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.”




William S. Burroughs (1914 – 1997):
“A paranoid is someone who knows a little of what's going on.”

and
“Your mind will answer most questions if you learn to relax and wait for the answer.”

and
“Love is a haunting melody that I have never mastered, and I fear I never will.”




Hank Aaron (1934 - ):
“I never smile when I have a bat in my hands. That's when you've got to be serious. When I get out on the field, nothing's a joke to me. I don't feel like I should walk around with a smile on my face.”




Jane Bryant Quinn (1939 - ):
“The shortest period of time lies between the minute you put some money away for a rainy day and the unexpected arrival of rain.”




Michael Mann (1943 - ):
“To just tell a story from beginning, middle and end doesn't motivate me that much.”




Errol Morris (1948 - ):

“The pursuit of truth, properly considered, shouldn't stop short of insanity.”



No comments: