Thursday, February 19, 2015

February 19, 2015

Good Morning! Here are your daily birthday quotations...



André Breton (1896 – 1966):
My wish is that you may be loved to the point of madness.”




Carson McCullers (1917 – 1967):
“We are homesick most for the places we have never known.”

and
“I think we look for the differences in people because it makes us less lonely.”




Dave Niehaus (1935 – 2010):
“I literally become a member of your family, hopefully, for six months out of the year.”

and
“The worst thing you can do is emulate somebody else. You have to develop your own style. I say get a liberal education and know something about the world around you.”




Amy Tan (1952 - ):
“We dream to give ourselves hope. To stop dreaming - well, that’s like saying you can never change your fate.”

and
“I am like a falling star who has finally found her place next to another in a lovely constellation, where we will sparkle in the heavens forever.”

and
“Then you must teach my daughter this same lesson. How to lose your innocence but not your hope. How to laugh forever.”




Jonathan Lethem (1964 - ):
“I want what we all want. To move certain parts of the interior of myself into the exterior world, to see if they can be embraced.”

and
“I learned to write fiction the way I learned to read fiction - by skipping the parts that bored me.”




Dave Wakeling (1956 - ):
“I don't know where to start or when to stop
My luck’s like a button
I can't stop pushing it
My head feels light
But I'm still in the dark
Seems like without tenderness there's something missing

I don't know where I am, but I know I don't like it
I open my mouth, and out pops something spiteful
Words are so cheap
But they can turn out expensive

Words like conviction can turn into a sentence.”




No comments: