Thursday, February 12, 2015

February 12, 2015

Good Morning! Here are your daily birthday quotations...



Charles Darwin (1809 – 1882):
“We must, however, acknowledge, as it seems to me, that man with all his noble qualities…still bears in his bodily frame the indelible stamp of his lowly origin.”

and
“If I had my life to live over again, I would have made a rule to read some poetry and listen to some music at least once every week.”

and
“A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.”

and
“If the misery of the poor be caused not by the laws of nature, but by our institutions, great is our sin.”




Abraham Lincoln (1809 – 1865):
“Folks are usually about as happy as they make their minds up to be.”

and
“Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?”

and
“And in the end it is not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years.”

and
“My Best Friend is a person who will give me a book I have not read.”

and
“I'm a success today because I had a friend who believed in me and I didn't have the heart to let him down.”

and
“Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves.”




Judy Blume (1938 - ):
“My only advice is to stay aware, listen carefully, and yell for help if you need it.”

and
Let children read whatever they want and then talk about it with them. If parents and kids can talk together, we won't have as much censorship because we won't have as much fear.”

and
“[I]t's not just the books under fire now that worry me. It is the books that will never be written. The books that will never be read. And all due to the fear of censorship. As always, young readers will be the real losers.”

and
“You can't deny they ever happened. You can't deny you ever loved them, love them still, even if loving them causes you pain.”




Ray Kurzweil (1948 - ):

“Death gives meaning to our lives. It gives importance and value to time. Time would become meaningless if there were too much of it.”




No comments: