Tuesday, February 10, 2015

February 10, 2015

Good Morning! Here are your daily birthday quotations...




John Suckling (1609 – 1642):
“I prithee send me back my heart,
Since I cannot have thine;
For if from yours you will not part,
Why, then, shouldst thou have mine?”




Charles Lamb (1775 – 1834):
“I love to lose myself in other men's minds.... Books think for me.”

and
“The greatest pleasure I know is to do a good action by stealth, and to have it found out by accident.”

and
“A book reads the better which is our own, and has been so long known to us, that we know the topography of its blots, and dog's ears, and can trace the dirt in it to having read it at tea with buttered muffins.”




Boris Pasternak (1890 – 1960):
“I don't think I could love you so much if you had nothing to complain of and nothing to regret. I don't like people who have never fallen or stumbled. Their virtue is lifeless and of little value. Life hasn't revealed its beauty to them.”

and
“How wonderful to be alive, he thought. But why does it always hurt?”

and
“When a great moment knocks on the door of your life, it is often no louder than the beating of your heart, and it is very easy to miss it.”

and
“Literature is the art of discovering something extraordinary about ordinary people, and saying with ordinary words something extraordinary.”




Bertolt Brecht (1898 – 1956):
“Hungry man, reach for the book: it is a weapon.”

and
“The human race tends to remember the abuses to which it has been subjected rather than the endearments. What's left of kisses? Wounds, however, leave scars.”

and
“Art is not a mirror held up to reality
but a hammer with which to shape it.”

and
“In the dark times
Will there also be singing?
Yes, there will also be singing.
About the dark times.”




E.L. Konigsburg (1930 – 2013):
“Before you can be anything, you have to be yourself. That's the hardest thing to find.”

and
“Some days you must learn a great deal. But you should also have days when you allow what is already in you to swell up and touch everything. If you never let that happen, then you just accumulate facts, and they begin to rattle around inside of you.”




No comments: