Thursday, August 28, 2014

August 28, 2014

Good Morning! Here are your daily birthday quotations...



Robertson Davies (1913 – 1995):
“A truly great book should be read in youth, again in maturity and once more in old age, as a fine building should be seen by morning light, at noon and by moonlight.”

and
“To be a book-collector is to combine the worst characteristics of a dope fiend with those of a miser.”




Jack Vance (1916 – 2013):
“Good music always defeats bad luck.”




Rita Dove (1952 - ):
“From the time I began to read, as a child, I loved to feel their heft in my hand and the warm spot caused by their intimate weight in my lap; I loved the crisp whisper of a page turning, the musky odor of old paper and the sharp inky whiff of new pages. Leather bindings sent me into ecstasy. I even loved to gaze at a closed book and daydream about the possibilities inside.”

and

“If we’re going to solve the problems of the world, we have to learn how to talk to one another. Poetry is the language at its essence. It’s the bones and the skeleton of the language. It teaches you, if nothing else, how to choose your words.”



No comments: