Monday, August 18, 2014

August 18, 2014

Good Morning! Here are your daily birthday quotations...



Meriwether Lewis (1774 -1809):
“I could but esteem this moment of my departure as among the most happy of my life.”




Alain Robbe-Grillet (1922 – 2008):
“The true writer has nothing to say. What counts is the way he says it.”

and
“The world is neither meaningful, nor absurd. it quite simply is, and that, in any case, is what is so remarkable about it.”




Brian W. Aldiss (1925 - ):
“There are two kinds of writer: those that make you think, and those that make you wonder.”

and
“Science fiction is no more written for scientists than ghost stories are written for ghosts.”

and

“A writer should say to himself, not, How can I get more money?, but How can I reach more readers (without lowering standards)?”



No comments: