Thursday, April 3, 2014

April 3, 2014

Good Morning!



Today is the birthday of Washington Irving (1783 – 1859) who said:
“There is a sacredness in tears. They are not a mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition and of unspeakable love.”

and
“Great minds have purpose, others have wishes. Little minds are tamed and subdued by misfortunes; but great minds rise above them.”





It is also the birthday of Jane Goodall (1934 - ) who said:
“What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.”

and
“If we kill off the wild, then we are killing a part of our souls.”

and
“Only if we understand, can we care. Only if we care, we will help. Only if we help, we shall be saved.” 




Happy Birthday to Alec Baldwin (1958 - ) who said:
“For better or ill, I was very heavily influenced by men I knew who always dressed formally.”

and
“There's less critical thinking going on in this country on a Main Street level - forget about the media - than ever before. We've never needed people to think more critically than now, and they've taken a big nap.”






Also to Mike Ness (1962 - ) who sang:
“Good times come and good times go,
I only wish the good times would last a little longer.
I think about the good times we had
And why they had to end.

So I sit at the edge of my bed
I strum my guitar and I sing an outlaw love song.
Thinkin' 'bout what you're doin' now

And when you're comin' back.”

No comments: