Monday, April 28, 2014

April 28, 2014

Good Morning!



Today is the birthday of Karl Kraus (1874 – 1936) who said:
“The world is a prison in which solitary confinement is preferable.”




It is also the birthday of Oskar Schindler (1908 – 1974) who said:
“What is there to say? They are my friends. I would do it again, over and over — for I hate cruelty and intolerance.”




Happy Birthday to Harper Lee (1926 - ) who said:
“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view... Until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it.”

and
“Until I feared I would lose it, I never loved to read. One does not love breathing.”

and
“They're certainly entitled to think that, and they're entitled to full respect for their opinions... but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself. The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience.”




Today is the birthday of Terry Pratchett (1948 - ) who said:
“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.”




Finally it is the birthday of Roberto Bolaño (1953 – 2003) who said:
“Reading is like thinking, like praying, like talking to a friend, like expressing your ideas, like listening to other people's ideas, like listening to music, like looking at the view, like taking a walk on the beach.”

and

“Nothing good ever comes of love. What comes of love is always something better.”



No comments: