Monday, April 14, 2014

April 14, 2014

Good Morning!



Today is the birthday of Loretta Lynn (1932 - ) who said:
“When something is bothering me, I write a song that tells my feelings.”




It is also the birthday of Dave Gibbons (1949 - ) who said:
“Comics is all about making it believable and helping people to get completely lost in a fictional world.”





Also of Bruce Sterling (1954 - ) who said:
“Forget trying to pass for normal. Follow your geekdom. Embrace nerditude. In the immortal words of Lafcadio Hearn, a geek of incredible obscurity whose work is still in print after a hundred years, “Woo the muse of the odd.” You may be a geek. You may have geek written all over you. You should aim to be one geek they'll never forget. Don't aim to be civilized. Don’t hope that straight people will keep you on as some sort of pet. To hell with them. You should fully realize what society has made of you and take a terrible revenge. Get weird. Get way weird. Get dangerously weird. Get sophisticatedly, thoroughly weird, and don't do it halfway. Put every ounce of horsepower you have behind it. Don't become a well-rounded person. Well-rounded people are smooth and dull. Become a thoroughly spiky person. Grow spikes from every angle. Stick in their throats like a pufferfish.”





Finally, happy birthday to Arcade Fire's Win Butler (1980 - ) who sang:
“I'm living in an age
That screams my name at night
But when I get to the doorway
There's no one in sight

I'm living in an age
That laughs
When I'm dancing
With the one I love

But my mind holds the key”



No comments: