Sunday, April 27, 2014

April 27, 2014

Good Morning!




Today is the birthday of Edward Gibbon (1737 – 1794) who said:
“My early and invincible love of reading--I would not exchange for the treasures of India.”

and
“Conversation enriches the understanding, but solitude is the school of genius.”




It is also the birthday of Mary Wollstonecraft (1759 – 1797) who said:
“The beginning is always today.”




Happy Birthday to Ulysses S. Grant (1822 – 1885) who said:
“Leave the matter of religion to the family altar, the church, and the private school, supported entirely by private contributions. Keep the church and state forever separate.”




Today is the birthday of playwright August Wilson (1945 – 2005) who said:
“Confront the dark parts of yourself, and work to banish them with illumination and forgiveness. Your willingness to wrestle with your demons will cause your angels to sing.”

and
“You got to be right with yourself before you can be right with anybody else.”

and
“Have a belief in yourself that is bigger than anyone's disbelief.”




Finally, it is the birthday of Cory Booker (1969 - ) who said:

“Before you speak to me about your religion, first show it to me in how you treat other people; before you tell me how much you love your God, show me in how much you love all His children; before you preach to me of your passion for your faith, teach me about it through your compassion for your neighbors. In the end, I'm not as interested in what you have to tell or sell as in how you choose to live and give.”


No comments: