Friday, April 18, 2014

April 18, 2014

Good Morning!



Today is the birthday of Clarence Darrow (1857 - 1938) who said:
“The world is made up for the most part of morons and natural tyrants, sure of themselves, strong in their own opinions, never doubting anything.”

and
“I have never killed anyone, but I have read some obituary notices with great satisfaction.”

and
“You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free.”

and
“Lost causes are the only ones worth fighting for.”




It is also the birthday of Kathy Acker (1947 – 1997) who said:
“If you ask me what I want, I'll tell you. I want everything.”

and
“Every time you read, you are walking among the dead, and, if you are listening, you just might hear prophecies.”





And happy birthday to Conan O’Brien (1963 - ) who said:
“All I ask is one thing, and I’m asking this particularly of young people: please don’t be cynical. I hate cynicism, for the record, it’s my least favorite quality and it doesn’t lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you’re kind, amazing things will happen.”

and

“I told graduates to not be afraid to fail, and I still believe that. But today I tell you that whether you fear it or not, disappointment will come. The beauty is that through disappointment you can gain clarity, and with clarity comes conviction and true originality.”

No comments: