Saturday, April 26, 2014

April 26, 2014

Good Morning!



Today is the birthday of Marcus Aurelius (121 – 180) who said:
“The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts.”

and
“Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one.”




It is also the birthday of William Shakespeare (1564 – 1616) who today would be celebrating the fact that he would be 450 years old. He wrote a great many things, of which these are only a scant few:

“Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.”

and
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind,
And therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.”

and
“Doubt thou the stars are fire;
Doubt that the sun doth move;
Doubt truth to be a liar;
But never doubt I love.”

and
“Lord, what fools these mortals be.”





Happy Birthday to Anita Loos (1889 – 1981) who said:
“I've always loved high style in low company.”





Today is the birthday of Bernard Malamud (1914 – 1986) who said:
“There comes a time in a man's life when to get where he has to go--if there are no doors or windows--he walks through a wall.”

and
“Teach yourself to work in uncertainty.”

and
“The purpose of a writer is to keep civilization from destroying itself."

and
“Revision is one of the exquisite pleasures of writing.”




Finally, birthday greetings to Carol Burnett (1933 - ) who said:
“Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.”

and

“I have always grown from my problems and challenges, from the things that don't work out, that's when I've really learned.”


No comments: