Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Today's Words of Wisdom - December 9, 2015

Today is the birthday of the following people:



John Milton (1608 – 1674):
“For books are not absolutely dead things, but do contain a potency of life in them to be as active as that soul was whose progeny they are; nay, they do preserve as in a vial the purest efficacy and extraction of that living intellect that bred them.”

and
“Solitude sometimes is best society.”

and
“Thou canst not touch the freedom of my mind.”



Dalton Trumbo (1905 – 1976):
“If I were dead and buried
And I heard your voice,
Beneath the sod
My heart of dust
Would still rejoice.”




Joshua Bell (1967 - ):

“I was lucky enough to have parents who started me on music very early, but most kids don't get that kind of exposure.”



Tip O’Neill (1912 – 1994):
“A good lesson in keeping your perspective is: Take your job seriously but don’t take yourself seriously.”



Kirk Douglas (1916 - ):
“The learning process continues until the day you die.”





No comments: