Saturday, December 5, 2015

Today's Words of Wisdom - December 5, 2015

Today is the birthday of the following people:



Joan Didion (1934 - ):
“Grammar is a piano I play by ear.”

and
“I write entirely to find out what I'm thinking, what I'm looking at, what I see and what it means. What I want and what I fear.”

and
“We tell ourselves stories in order to live.”




Martin Van Buren (1782 – 1862):
“It is easier to do a job right than to explain why you didn’t.”




Christina Rosetti (1830 – 1894):
“Better by far you should forget and smile than that you should remember and be sad.”




Walt Disney (1901 – 1966):
“Laughter is timeless. Imagination has no age. And dreams are forever.”

and
“There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates' loot on Treasure Island and best of all, you can enjoy these riches every day of your life.”





Calvin Trillin (1935 - ):

“Every good idea sooner or later degenerates into hard work.”




No comments: