Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Today's Words of Wisdom - December 1, 2015

Today is the birthday of the following people:



Sarah Silverman (1970 - ):

“Unvisited tombstones, unread diaries, and erased video game high-score rankings are three of the most potent symbols of mankind's pathetic and fruitless attempts at immortality.”





Rex Stout (1886 – 1975):
“MY rule is never to be rude to anyone unless you mean it.”

and
“I try to know what I need to know. I make sure to know what I want to know.”




Walter Alston (1911 – 1984):
"Look at misfortune the same way you look at success - Don't Panic! Do your best and forget the consequences."




Woody Allen (1935 - ):
“I'm not afraid of death; I just don't want to be there when it happens.”

and
“Eighty percent of success is showing up.”

and
“Life is full of misery, loneliness, and suffering - and it's all over much too soon.”




Richard Pryor (1940 – 2005):
“I believe the ability to think is blessed. If you can think about a situation, you can deal with it. The big struggle is to keep your head clear enough to think.”









No comments: