Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Today's Words of Wisdom - September 23, 2015

Today is the birthday of the following people:


Ani DiFranco (1970 - ):
“We have to be able to criticize what we love, say what we have to say / ‘cause if you’re not trying to make something better, then as far as I can tell, you are just in the way.”

and

 “For every lie I unlearn, I learn something new. I sing sometimes for the war that I fight, ‘cause every tool is a weapon if you hold it right.”



John Coltrane (1926 – 1967):
“I start in the middle of a sentence and move both directions at once.”

and
“My music is the spiritual expression of what I am — my faith, my knowledge, my being...When you begin to see the possibilities of music, you desire to do something really good for people, to help humanity free itself from its hangups...I want to speak to their souls.”



Ray Charles (1930 – 2004):
“I never wanted to be famous; I only wanted to be great.”

and
“Live each day like it's your last, 'cause one day you gonna be right”



Bruce Springsteen (1949 - ):
“It ain't no sin to be glad you're alive.”

and
“The great challenge of adulthood is holding on to your idealism after you lose your innocence.”






No comments: