Sunday, September 7, 2014

September 7, 2014

Good Morning! Here are your daily birthday quotations...



Elinor Wylie (1885 – 1928):
“I was, being human, born alone;
I am, being woman, hard beset;
I live by squeezing from a stone
The little nourishment I get.”




Edith Sitwell (1887 – 1964):
“I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.”

and
“Poetry is the deification of reality.”

and
“I am not eccentric. It's just that I am more alive than most people."

and
“My personal hobbies are reading, listening to music, and silence.”

and
“I have often wished I had time to cultivate modesty...But I am too busy thinking about myself.”




Taylor Caldwell (1900 – 1985):
“It's a funny thing about love: you don't need to have it returned to love somebody. Loving's enough.”




Daniel Inouye (1924 – 2012):

“I hope that the mistakes made and suffering imposed upon Japanese Americans nearly 60 years ago will not be repeated against Arab Americans whose loyalties are now being called into question.”



No comments: