Saturday, September 27, 2014

September 27, 2014

Good Morning! Here are your daily birthday quotations...



Jim Thompson (1906 – 1977):
 “There are things that have to be forgotten if you want to go on living.”




Marc Maron (1963 - ):
“The truth is, I can’t read anything with any distance. Every book is a self-help book to me. Just having them makes me feel better.”

On Robin Williams:
"Robin Williams changed everything. There’s nobody that wasn’t touched by Robin Williams. He was the king. The spirit of pure comedy ran through this guy. He was unto himself. There was nobody else like this guy. Nobody else like him ever. And as a comic, despite what any other comics say and whatever your judgment of him as a comedian, he did it all. He did everything that all of us wanted to do and he did it brilliantly. There’s never been a comedic artist like this guy. And there’s no more painful realization than the other side of whatever comic genius is, is sometimes this. That with that sensitivity, with that perception, with that empathy, with that love, with that mental agility comes a heart too heavy to live, a heart that becomes so heavy that it chooses not to go on, for whatever reason. I don’t know his reasons. It’s horribly sad, and it’s a horrible illness — depression.”




Carrie Brownstein (1974 - ):

"I read a lot; fiction and non-fiction are the mediums I find most edifying and inspiring. I watch movies and listen to music and take lots and lots of walks. Nature is a nice reset button for me, it's how I get a lot of thinking done."



No comments: